The Landscape Room
The walls of the Landscape Room are decorated with painted divisions in green colour schemes, with painted landscapes of Ancient ruins against a background of Romantic scenery. The decoration was most likely made by Antoni Herliczka, court painter of Jan Klemens Branicki. The following pieces of furniture are on display in this room: A Classicist inlaid secretary desk with a marble desktop (France, 3rd quarter of the 18th century), a commode desk made in the Kolbuszowa workshops (Poland, mid-18th century), a Classicist mahogany commode with a shutter door (France, 2nd half of the 18th century), and two pairs of chairs with openwork backrests.
This is where the portable travel bookcase, which once belonged to Dorota Batowska, is displayed: it is a small, two-door, mahogany cabinet, whose shelves are filled with books (210 volumes) – mainly from the Paris-based publishing house Bibliotèque universelle de dames (1785–1792). On both sides of the secretary desk (1st half of the 19th century), visitors will see two tall vases made of Japanese porcelain. On the commode is a bronze statuette, Satyr Playing a Flute – a miniature copy of a famous ancient sculpture, which can be found in the Louvre Museum.