The Dressing Room
In the past, it was also known as the Wardrobe Room. It was created when the new, northern façade was added in 1784. It was here that the daily ritual of dressing and combing the King would take place. Throughout the process, the King would listen to texts read aloud to him.
Presently, the walls of the Dressing Room are decorated with paintings from Stanisław August’s collection, mainly by Dutch and Flemish masters of the 17th century. The original furnishings of the room included small statuettes of Roman Emperors – Sulla and Marius. They are 18th century copies of the Ancient originals. It is worth paying attention the original clock in the shape of a cage with an artificial bird inside, hanging from the ceiling. The clock was made of gilded bronze, in Swiss workshops in the eighties of the 18th century. The furniture collected in this room comes from the late 18th and early 19th century, and was manufactured in Polish, English, French, and Prussian factories. Here, the oriental current – popular in the 18th century – is represented by candle holders with Japanese figures.