Sculptures of Satyrs
In the vicinity of the Palace on the Isle, near the entrance to the terrace, there are four sculptures of Satyrs in seated positions, who support lanterns; the sculptures were most likely made by Jan Jerzy Plersch. In the early years of Stanisław August’s reign, they stood on the north terrace of the Bathhouse.
A fifth Satyr figure stands near the alley leading to the Amphitheatre. This statue remaining from the next group of four sculptures, which initially stood on the terrace of the island on both sides of the Bathhouse, was made in 1784, most likely by a sculptor Giacomo Contieri, who cooperated with André Le Brun.