It is the first monument to Cyprian Kamil Norwid in Warsaw - erected to one of the most famous Polish poets, a playwright, thinker, and painter living in the years 1821-1883.
The monument was unveiled in 2006 on the occasion of the 185th anniversary of Norwid’s birth. It is a stone replica of a sculpture by Julia Keilowa - a Polish artist who created her works in Warsaw in the Inter-War Period. She depicted a half-figure of Norwid, dressed in a coat and pressing his right hand to his chest. The poet’s head is slightly tilted downwards. He appears to be absorbed in a pessimistic reflection and melancholy. The monument depicts Norwid with an impressive resemblance, especially in the way the poet’s face is presented. At the same time, the author strived to geometrize and simplify the shapes, which is a typical feature of the art of the 1920s and 1930s. The quote on the pedestal comes from Norwid’s poem Promethidion. The piece, like the entire work of the poet, enjoyed great popularity in the Young Poland Period and the Inter-War Period.